JOB TITLE: The Brides Project Saturday Retail Coordinator
STATUS: Part Time
REPORTS TO: The Brides Project Retail Coordinator
– Staff Saturday and Sunday hours with availability for occasional weekday shifts.
– Manage weekend volunteer consultants.
– Greet brides and their entourage, educating them on the mission of The Brides Project
– Manage walk-in Brides and assist with allocating dressing rooms and/or scheduling appointments for them to return
– Provide initial training to new shadowing volunteers, as needed
– Ensure shop tidiness before leaving for the day (straighten gowns and racks, hook train loops, tidy up, vacuum, etc.)
– Monitor shop supplies (ex. hangers, veil clips, garment bags) and report to Retail Coordinator/Director
– Confirm weekend brides.
– Assist and monitor the processing of sales.
– Assist with inventory.
– Passion for the mission of the Cancer Support Community
– Enthusiasm for wedding retail industry
– Previous retail experience preferred.
– Availability on both Saturdays and Sundays is mandatory
– Comfortable leading, providing feedback and direction to volunteer staff members.
– General knowledge of wedding gown styles and trends
– Engaging with others, recognizing that shopping for a wedding gown can be a very emotional event for brides and their loved ones
– Comfortable assisting brides while trying on gowns
– Ability to work occasional evenings and additional weekday hours.
– Excellent writing, communication and organization skills.
– Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
– Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
– Proficient computer skills.
– Comfortable managing staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.